Thursday, October 6, 2011

Excuse Me

Hehe.. hummm I haven't yet type anything and i already laughed..Well, Mr Principal of 12th college had told us something about the 12th college during the orientation week.. According to him, 12th college is an international college.. We can find foreign students everywhere here..

What makes that fact special on this day? Actually, today was the first time a foreign student had asked me for a direction(can that be an issue until you have to write it in bloggy woggy?)
The foreign students tend to ask people around me for direction, instead of me.. And today, i have been asked to show the direction to men's toilet.. I mean washroom..

Amalina, Fazeera, and me was on my way to cafe after wandering around FESKUM(again).. We wanted to buy some beverages.. On our way there, we bumped into a foreign student, I thought he is a student.. He asked us, "excuse me, where is the toilet.. Washroom.. washroom.." I pointed towards the nearest washroom and said "there".. At the same time, Fazeera pointed to a direction completely opposite from the direction i pointed to.. And the foreign student was confused.. Then he said, "I was told it is there," while pointing to the direction i pointed earlier.. Fazeera still defending her direction and i just entertain the foreign student.. "there" i said while pointing again.. "excuse me, where?" he asked for my clarification.. I replied back to him, "There besides the ..(a moment of silence.. about 1 second) vending machine" Then he replied "thank you, i'll look for it there.."

When the male foreign student had walked away, Fazeera said, "sana tandas perempuan" while pointing to the direction he pointed earlier.. And all of us burst into laughter...

What interesting about this incident was, i speak to a foreigner in English and i can understand what he said although there was no subtitle provided.. That are the importance of English education.. Just having a simple conversation can build our confidence level.. I never thought that my brain can process the words i need to use while i am in a conversation(take the vending machine as an example)..

Till then
Live Brave Be Bold
Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite..


No comments: