Thursday, November 17, 2011

D. Flatto a.k.a Big D

Big D enters my playroom during FESKUM.. In a dark Friday night, I asked my parents to accompany me to FESKUM.. Just walking around there.. We had our dinner, and did some more walking.. Then, we stopped at a booth(or maybe shop.. I don't know what to call that thing..) Just to look around at first.. I pointed a huge bear to my mother, then my mother approach that bear.. She asked me.. "nak?" I was shocked.. Is she kidding or what??? I just smile.. Like the old saying, "diam tanda setuju".. She asked me one more time "Nak ke tak?" I said "nak.." at the same time, i glanced at the price.. It was expensive!! I looked into my mothers eyes once again.. Suddenly, she take out her purse and buy the bear for me...

That is how Big D enters my playroom..

So, the inmates of my playroom have increased.. The  inmates are, Utat, WikiWiki, and Big D..

Big D.. How could i came up with that name.. At first, i was considering the name Flatto... Actually, i had used the name Flatto to him.. I also considering the name Devlin but when i think about it deeper, i don't want to make it permanent for DS Matt Devlin(he ended up dead already!!!)..
Later, in a lecture, Dr Fakhrul's lecture, we learned about Yong's double slits experiment.. The equations used in the topic have capital D(s).. When reading out loud the equatin, Dr Fakhrul said, "Big D".. then i whispered, "Big D? comelnyer.." Unexpectedly, he said " Ye la, nak cakap capital D panjang sangat, cakap Big D je la pendek sikit..".. Okay, I admit that, I whispered my sentence because he supposed to said it as capital D, but i sincerely think that the phrase Big D is cute.. (although it reminds me of Dudley Dursley from Harry Potter) 
After a thorough(thorough.. =_=') thinking, i decided to call him Big D.. Practically, his full name is D. Flatto.. Since he is a big bear, i nicknamed him Big D.. Sometimes i called him flatto though(but rarely..).. Then, i realised.. The 'D' can be assumed to stand for 'Devlin'.. However, i did not considering the 'D' as 'Devlin'.. because the 'D' stands for, 'the perpendicular distance between light source and the screen'.. So two of the inmates of my playroom had strong bond to physics.. Big D with Young's experiment, and Utat with the kinematics(v=u+at)..

Wanna see Big D??

This is D. Flatto

"Hye walkerz I am D. Flatto, you can call me Big D"

Utat and Big D.. Senior and junior.. See the tag at Big D's ear, it is the price tag..

They belong beside my pillow, on the bed in my room at the college..
The semester break was the first time Big D ever come home.. He met WikiWiki here.. However, no pictures..

The truth is, i am looking for a wife for Utat, instead of that i gave him a big little brother.. Big D has to express Utat as Utat-senpai..

Till then,
Have fun at your playroom,
Live Brave Be Bold..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, you got the other bear? So sweet!

Fatin Nur Nadia said...

Thanks to my mum.. I also have a Domo-kun, i forgot to introduce him here.. Later maybe..